The Technical Service Technician (“TST”) is part of a team providing IT services to the client. Each TST is assigned as the lead for specific client facilities and staff and are expected to form relationships and be familiar with specific support needs at those facilities. The TST also serves as backup for the remaining facilities and staff of the client. The TST is responsible for providing compliant, secure, effective and efficient on-site technical and customer support for 5Q supported systems at assigned client facilities, while maintaining a safe working environment. The TST will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of IT applications, products or services. The TST will follow standard procedures to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. The TST will assist installing new or replacement IT equipment in assigned client facilities in support of IT projects as needed.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide escalated technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Assists 5Q management and other senior technical operations staff in developing departmental and Helpdesk / Technical guidelines and operating procedures.
- Respond to queries either in person, via email or over the phone.
- Write technical process and procedure documentation.
- Experience with Exchange and O365, to include but not limited to, general user set up and configuration, but also data mining, email recover, quarantining & deletion.
- Install, modify, and repair client connectivity, hardware, software and applications.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems as well as experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Install and troubleshoot computer peripherals (printers, keyboards, etc.) for client users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Assists with desktop and laptop imagining and installation as needed.
- Assists in the operations of enterprise systems as needed.
- Status reporting on a standard frequency to ensure alignment of internal and customer goals.
- Oversee project planning, coordination, and scope of assigned tasks.
- Assists with the definition of product configuration.
- Assists with the definition of the hardware, system software, and network configuration required for implementations.
- Inspect equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions .
- Adjust equipment and repair/replace defective components or systems according to scopes of work.
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance.
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensure customer satisfaction within area of primary responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Will have a deep understanding of building management systems and how each system is used in day to day operations
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5yrs in technical operations and support, with Field Services experience.
- Prefer 4yr degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of company supported applications.
- Ability to learn and support new applications.
- Requires sound interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position is not a typical 8AM-5PM job. As issues warrant, it is very likely a candidate will be required to work above and beyond their normal schedule.
- Ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Periodically lifting and/or carrying of 25-50 lbs. or more.
- Travel to client facilities up to 25% of the time.