The Implementation Engineer is an important technical position within the 5Q Partners organization. This position is responsible for implementing the design and increasing the integrity of client hardware and software systems, along with performing simultaneous complex projects. As such, this role requires experience or expertise in a wide range of technology solutions and platforms. This position is based out of Atlanta and will work out of the Atlanta HQ offices of 5Q Partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active role in day to day assessment, roll out, and remediation of Windows based environments.
- Active role planning and executing WAN and LAN network changes.
- Implement various Microsoft technologies as needed like Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL, and other Microsoft core business applications.
- Provide technical documentation to Engineering and Operations teams as part of project deliverables including diagrams.
- Accurately communicate project status to all required stake holders.
- Communicate with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed upon outages.
- Perform various tests on process with help of test cases and prepare documents for same and coordinate with manager to resolve all issues within required timeframe and inform management of any delays.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with the rest of the team.
- Provide exceptional customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Escalate project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels or timelines.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our service offerings and how they relate to client needs.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur.
- Coordinate with remote hands as well as any associated quality control.
- Establish all technical project requirements and maintain effective professional relationships with all clients and organize all project materials.
- Train client technical staff on all hardware and software issues and identify all issues in processes and provide solutions for same.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong site-to-site networking experience with Cisco ASA and Meraki
- Strong LAN configuration experience – Layer 2, Layer 3
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Scripting experience – PowerShell, Batch, Bash, Python
- Strong troubleshooting skills regarding systems, network and storage-based concepts. The ideal engineer can quickly identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Office 365 platforms.
- Strong knowledge of small scale and enterprise Microsoft Active Directory Domains – Including all functions within: Global Catalog, DNS, FRS, DFSR, Multi-Site Sites & Services
- Implement both hardware and configurations at the network level: WAN/LAN connectivity, switches, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Work with Group Policies including supporting software deployment via Group Policies.
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
- Proven ability to successfully analyze and perform problem resolution with an emphasis on client satisfaction.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, especially when dealing with clients.
- Must be capable of handling multiple simultaneous tasks under pressure while maintaining strong customer service and a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as a strong team member as well as independently.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience implementing networking, server, and Business Application solutions.
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Certification
- Cisco Certification
- Meraki Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.